Hawku Contest! Win $250! Fun!
“a haiku written in response to a film based on a dance in an opera based on a play.” –Amy Schrader
1. Write a Haiku that is your response to the Internet film “Hawku” – a film inspired by our opera At the Hawk’s Well (see below). When you enter, you’ll receive a free mp3 copy of Garrett Fisher’s The Passion of Saint Sebastian.
2. We’ll post your haiku, as well as a link to your own site (if you wish) on our blog.
3. On March 18, Amy Schrader will select a group of overall finalists, including audience favorites from the Feb 26-27 premiere of At the Hawk’s Well in Seattle. These haikus will be featured at our March 20 New York performances where the audience will vote for their favorite.
4. The winner will win $250.
- The Fisher Ensemble Haiku Contest (“Haiku Contest”) is sponsored by GlobalArts DBA Fisher Ensemble (“Fisher Ensemble”). The Haiku Contest begins on February 3, 2010. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entries must be received by March 18, 2010. See Selection of Winning Entry section for more details. No purchase or payment is necessary to enter or win. By submitting an entry, each contestant agrees to these Rules and warrants that his or her entry complies with all requirements set out in the Official Rules. CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- We will need 50 haikus in order for the contest to proceed.
- To enter this Contest, participants must first complete the online contest entry form, which will include your haiku. We may display selected haiku entries on our Web site or other promotional materials.By entering this contest, you consent to your email address being added to the mailing list for The Fisher Ensemble. You may unsubscribe at any time.
- Your entry must be your own original work created exclusively for the Haiku Contest. All haikus must be free of third party copyrighted materials.
- Qualified contestants may only submit one haiku.
- Entries must contain accurate and complete contact information for contestants and referrers, if any. Entries may be submitted by one or more contestants, but not on behalf of any corporate entities or organizations.
- You can give your haiku a title of your choice.
- Fisher Ensemble reserves the right to remove entries from the Haiku Contest or its links at any time in its sole discretion, if it believes that the content is offensive, sexually explicit or illegal. The Fisher Ensemble will display entries on its blog located at fisherensemble.blogspot.com. After the submission deadline, the Fisher Ensemble will select up to fifteen (15) entries as finalists. We may or may not select an additional set of finalists to be displayed at our Seattle presentation.
- The finalists will then be displayed at Fisher Ensemble presentations in New York on March 20, 2010. Audience votes at the presentations and will determine one winner. The decision of the majority of each of these audiences will be final. Because the voting and selection will be at the discretion of the audience, Fisher Ensemble will not monitor voting or enforce rules with respect to voting.
- There will be one winner of the Haiku Contest who will receive Two Hundred and Fifty U.S. Dollars ($250) either by check or by money order from the Fisher Ensemble.
- By entering this contest, all contestants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless GlobalArts DBA Fisher Ensemble and its members, directors, officers, employees or affiliates from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of their participation in this contest. Furthermore, GlobalArts DBA Fisher Ensemble and its members assume no responsibility for any error or delay in uploading or transmitting the entry, or technical malfunction of any kind, including human errors, which results in any injury or damage to contestants’ or any others’ technologies, including desktop and laptop computers, cell phones and handheld devices, related to or resulting from uploading or downloading any materials related to this contest.
- By entering this contest, each contestant and, if applicable, his/her contestant group, warrants that each submitted entry in its entirety, is a single work of original material made by the contestant(s) that does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the entry.
- Each and every contestant agrees to indemnify the Fisher Ensemble, and/or its members relating, in any way, to the Contest described herein. By entering this contest, each contestant and, if applicable, his/her contestant group, grants a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to the Fisher Ensemble and its members to display, perform, copy, or distribute your submission (including any images that you send us as part of your contest submission) in whole or in part.
- Each and every contestant consents to allow the Fisher Ensemble, and its members, to use contestants’ name, likeness and submitted contest entry on the Web sites and presentations described in the Selection of Winning Entry section, on other Web sites, performance or promotional materials related to the Fisher Ensemble, and in any advertisements or promotional materials promoting these sites or performances..
- For the purpose of clarification, contestants may independently display, perform, transmit and otherwise use their own content submitted to the Haiku Contest during and after the contest, but cannot do so in conjunction with the video and/or music file(s) or link(s) provided by the Fisher Ensemble. If, for any reason, this contest is not capable of running as planned, due to technical failures or any other causes, whether or not such causes are beyond the control of the Fisher Ensemble, we reserve the right to suspend the contest. The Fisher Ensemble also reserves the right to update these rules to account for errors, omissions, or changes in guidelines or procedures. We’ll notify contest winner(s) using the email address provided in your entry form, within ten (10) days of determining a winner.
- This contest is sponsored by GlobalArts DBA Fisher Ensemble, a not-for-profit corporation that nurtures the living arts through their presentation and promotion. Email: email@example.com.